AusHealth is committed to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution and sustainable resource use. We have established and implemented an Integrated Management System, as a framework for managing our environmental and operational performance, compliant with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 ‘Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use’.
To support this end, AusHealth has adopted an Environmental Policy.
AusHealth is committed to:
- Fulfilling compliance obligations in accordance with environmental legislation;
- Integrating environmental management into business processes, strategic direction and decision making;
- Determining the environmental aspects and impacts of activities, products and services that can be controlled directly or influenced;
- Establishing and achieving environmental objectives which are measurable, monitored, communicated and regularly reviewed;
- Communicating environmental objectives and responsibilities and this of the Environmental Policy, to persons working under our control and interested parties as applicable;
- Determining planned responses to reasonably foreseeable emergency situations which are appropriate to the potential environmental impact; and
- Ensuring support and resources needed to enhance environmental performance are available.
Management is responsible for:
- Implementing the Environmental Policy in their area of responsibility;
- Promoting environmental leadership through increasing awareness and engaging employee support to improve workplace practices associated with sustainable resource use; and
- Ensuring employees are aware of their responsibilities in relation to environmental protection.
Employees are responsible for:
- Supporting workplace practices associated with sustainable resource use; and
- Acting to control, minimise the impact of, and report any occurrence with the potential to harm the environment or breach a condition of environmental legislation.
AusHealth will continually improve overall environmental performance by means of the Integrated Management System, consistent with the objectives of the Environmental Policy.
Management fully endorses AusHealth’s Environmental Policy and the formal Integrated Management System that has been implemented nationally, through all divisions. It is the responsibility of AusHealth employees to ensure it is continually understood, applied and maintained throughout the company.
Copies of our Environmental Policy are available on request by contacting us on email@example.com or on 1800 724 457.